Are the colors on your website accurate?
The images we display have the most accurate colors possible. We take photos in various lighting in attempt to provide you with as much detail as possible. Due to differences in computer monitors, we cannot be responsible for variations in color between the actual product and your screen. Please keep in mind that there might be a slight color difference due to its handmade nature. We do our best to list all rug field/primary and accent colors.
Will the size be exactly as listed?
We do our best to provide you with the accurate dimensions of a product, but please be advised that there might be a variation up to 5% of the listed dimensions. This is normal and is not considered a defect.
Why do your product pages show two different sizes?
Some rug buyers search rugs by rug size category (i.e. 6×9) and some by exact size (i.e. 5’11″x8’6″). Therefore, we try to make shopping our rugs as easy as possible for our customers.
Are your rugs hand knotted or machine made?
Our inventory consists of only high-quality hand knotted rugs and carpets that are made of natural materials (silk, wool). Each of our oriental hand knotted rugs is an original piece, carefully weaved with respect to ancient rug techniques, traditionally coming from the Near East region. We do not use any mechanized tool during the process. Moreover, we do not use any kind of synthetic materials in any of our products. Although very rarely we do carry some machine made rugs, they are marked accordingly.
Do I need a rug pad for my rug?
We definitely recommend rug pads for thin rugs as they tend to move around more easily than a large rug. In general, having a rug pad always helps to prevent slips and falls and also protects your hardwood floors and your rugs.
How do I maintain my rug?
Our rugs are made of natural materials only. Therefore, we strongly recommend using only natural-based products for their maintenance. Synthetic aggressive detergents may severely harm fibers and colors of our rugs.
My rug has different color shades or slight nuances in its pattern, is this a defect?
NO, handmade rugs tend to have slight nuances in color or the structure of its pattern because it is hand crafted whereas perfectly symmetrical pattern with no nuances in color or structure is typical for machine made rugs.
How can I check the status of my order?
You can check the status of your order at any time by logging into MY ACCOUNT.
How long will it take to receive my order?
Usually we ship all orders within 1-2 business days. Once your order has shipped, if our free shipping method was selected, it may take an additional 3-5 business days for actual delivery.
Please keep in mind all orders begin processing immediately once received, cancellation cannot always be guaranteed. We strongly advise that you carefully review the details of your order prior to placing your order.
What are the shipping costs?
NYC Rugs offers free shipping inside the United States on all orders over $99.00 (excludes Alaska, Hawaii, PO Box & APO/FPO).
Can I add expedited shipping to my order?
FREE Expedited shipping is available for NYC Rugs customers.
How do I return an item?
• If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase and would like to return/exchange it, you must contact us within 30 days of receipt.
• Items must be sent within 30 days of purchase date.
• Returned items should be unused and must be returned in original packaging with any enclosed documentation.
How long will it take to receive my refund?
• All returned items are fully inspected typically the day it’s received. Upon conclusion, refunds are processed that same day. Please note: you can generally expect your refund to appear in your PayPal account within 7-10 business days of the date we processed the refund. This is PayPal’s control.
• A full refund will be issued for unused items and only a partial refund for used items (excludes return delivery charges).
• Alternatively, if preferred, we will exchange the item.
How much will return shipping cost?
1. The cost of returning the item to us is your responsibility and will be calculated by the shipping provider of your choice.
2. The item is your responsibility until it reaches us. Therefore, for your own protection we recommend that you send the parcel using a delivery service that insures you for the value of the goods.
3. Return delivery charges are only refundable where goods are faulty.
Have another question?
Call us today at (201) 541-2388 or complete the form below: